The purchase of a piano is not an every-day activity and we understand that this is an expensive investment. Before you actually buy, it is important to do some research first. You have to ask yourself whether you want to buy an acoustic or a digital instrument. At Bol’s we have both, as well as new and pre used.
Acoustic, digital or silent
What exactly is the difference between an acoustic, a digital and a silent piano? An acoustic piano has hammers which hit the strings when a key is being pressed. By using the pedals the sound is being prolonged. A digital piano produces an electric sound which is played by an amplifier and speakers. To play an acoustic piano is unique and a digital piano reproduces this sound, however, the sound is different from an acoustic piano.
The best of both worlds? You can consider to buy a silent piano. A silent piano is an acoustic instrument which has a facility to play without being heard by others. In that case you play with headphones. When the silent system is in use the acoustic of the piano is being switched off and the sound is produced digitally.
Pros and cons
Every type of piano has its own pros and cons. We explain the most important:
Advantages of an acoustic piano:
- -the sound is unique and cannot be equalled
- -the use of an acoustic piano is also challenging for advanced players
- -it keeps its value for a long time
- -it is going to last for generations, without losing its quality
Disadvantage of an acoustic piano:
- - you have to maintain your piano and have it tuned regularly
Pros and cons of a digital piano
Advantages of a digital piano:
- -the price of a digital piano is much lower than the price of an acoustic piano
- -you can also play a digital piano with headphones
- -you can record the music you play
- -it is also possible to record other musical instruments
Disadvantages of a digital piano:
- -a digital piano quickly reduces in value and has a shorter lifespan
- -it is less of a challenge for advanced players
- -the sound of an acoustic piano cannot be equaled by a digital instrument; you will always hear that the sound is being produced digitally
A piano from Bol
Bol Pianos has a broad variety of pianos. Our advisers can tell you everything about the possibilities and can decide together with you which piano is the right one. Bol has a big diversity of top brands such as Yamaha, C. Bechstein, Steingraeber & Söhne, Bösendorfer, W. Hoffmann and Perzina. We have both new and pre used ones. Are you looking for a particular instrument? Do not hesitate to call, maybe we have it.
For both starters and advanced players we have a large selection that suit your needs. Go online and watch our range of products, or visit one of our showrooms. Any questions? Feel free to contact us